Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Super Pista


I asked Francis, our fellow rider from San Francisco, for a little background/review on his 2013 Bianchi Super Pista and he gave an essay! Which is actually great. Less work for me, hehe.

Anyway, do check what he has to say about this beautiful machine here, plus the specs and more images after the jump.








"The ride of the Super Pista is great! My first aluminum track/fixed gear frame was a Leader. but i don't think it is fair to compare a Bianchi with a Leader. It is a sin. I officially broke in this bike by signing up for a century ride, among the hundreds (or say thousands) of cyclists with gears. The 100-mile distance opened a few things that I found great about the Super Pista. It is stiff, responsive, aggressive, aero and comfortable. The weight seems to be just right. Riding through the corners was smooth. I can't wait to join a few more century rides coming up this August. Don't you love the cycling season? haha.

"As a family man, I try to average 3-4 times to get my miles in (this includes weekends). At least 25miles for a day ride to a maximum of 60miles for one weekend, if i feel like doing one. I've ridden this bike from flats to the mostly hilly parts of San Francisco bay area and around the valley, along the scenic routes of the bay. I once tested this bike to Marin Headlands (Hawk Hill) and the response whether going uphill or downhill is fantastic. I love how the "aero" is designed on this frame which helps a lot when riding through the crosswinds on the Golden Gate bridge, which is usually my route when going to the headlands and Mill valley.

"Granted, they are more appropriated for track racing than street riding, the Super Pistas can still withstand way more abuse than other frames in the same price range that's made out of tin-cans and dent super easy. That's only one of the reasons I love this frame. I know it's hard to compare the comfort of riding a steel frame on the streets, but I say the fit of this frame on me is just right and doesn't leave me very sore after a long day's ride. Pretty comfortable for a mid-range aluminum frame rolling on the street. I'm sure there are better or pricier aluminum frames out there but I'm really happy with this build. I love how it turned out well.

All Photos by the author.

Frame:
2013 Bianchi Super Pista
Fork / Headset:
Bianchi alu/carbon fork / Cane Creek IS40
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Sugino 75 (NJS) / Sugino 75 Superlap (NJS)
Pedals:
LOOK Keo 2 Max carbon
Drivetrain / Cog / Chainring / Chain:
49t X 17t / Euro Asia Imports (EAI) Superstar Track 17t / Sugino 75 Zen 49t (NJS) / Izumi silver chain 
Handlebars / Stem:
Cinelli Vai 40cm, Fizik bar tape / Thomson Elite X2 70mm +/-10
Saddle / Seatpost:
Selle San Marco Concor Light / Thomson Elite
Front Wheel / Hub / Tire:
Reynolds DV46C / Reynolds hub / Continental Gatorskin 700c X 23c
(Alternate front wheel: H+Son Archtype radial laced to Formula hub / Continental Gatorskin 700c X 23c)
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
H+Son Archtype / Formula / Continental Gatorskin 700c X 25c
Accessories:
Profile Design Aqua Rack with CO2 mount Garmin Edge 500

Nice one bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment