Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Erikson's WeFXD X Colossi X Crest Pursuit Low Pro


These photos are taken by Erik on one of our many breaks from climbing the Sierra Madre loop. I'm pretty sure that this lightweight aluminum frame helped him push himself to his limits and conquer the mountains that day.

Check out more images and what he's got to say about this WeFXD X Colossi X Crest Pursuit frame collaboration after the jump.






"Being an Ave Maldea custom frame user, I was initially hesitant to get this frameset because I love steel for it's flexibility and strength. Not until our group WeFXD collaborated with the Dutch brand Colossi -which is now based in China- and Crest Pursuit Singapore, on a Low Pro frameset that I started to consider aluminum frames. I guess it helped that Wham did a great job on the badge design and overall graphics of the frame, plus the fact that the Low Pro has a smooth weld finish, which is like an Ave Maldea work on aluminum, that I finally decided to get this baby.

First time I rode it, all I can say was that it's light, rigid and fast. The aluminum aero tubes was a big factor for this. Although it was a pain riding through the occasional potholes and bumpy roads because of the frame's rigidity, it more than makes up during sprints and when I need to go mashing the cranks.

I really love this build, but this is just a temporary set up as I'm still waiting for parts that I really want to go into it." -Erik

Frame:
Colossi Low Pro X WeFXD 54cm
Fork / Headset:
Giant Aluminum 45mm / Kinesis integrated
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
FSA RPM Track 165mm / Shimano
Pedals:
Shimano PD-M520
Drivetrain / Cog / Chainring / Chain:
46t X 14t / Generic steel 14t / FSA 46t / Izumi
Handlebars / Stem:
Cinelli Vai 42cm / La Bici 60mm -6º
Saddle / Seatpost:
Velo Saddle / C4 Ø31.6
Front Wheel / Hub / Tire:
H Plus Son Archetype / Formula 32h / Vittoria Rubino 700c X 25c
Rear Wheel / Hub / Tire:
H Plus Son Archetype / Formula 32h / Vittoria Randonneur 700c X 25c
Accessories:
Cinelli Kaleidoscope bartape


/m/

No comments:

Post a Comment