Saturday, September 28, 2013

Aventon "Black Top"


Black Top
Kervin from Pampangga (AC/SF Fixed), was planning to buy a fifth generation Toyota 4A-GE "Blacktop" engine but decided to use the money for this Aventon build instead. "I'm happy I changed my mind as I was able to build a bike with all the right components that's perfect for my size and my kind of ride."

Specs and more images after the break.

The Ride
"The ride is stiff and responsive compared to my old frame, which was an SGM frame. Due to the massive down tube and the hydro-formed top tube, this frame has very little flex, specially at the bottom bracket and head tube clusters, which helps a lot when mashing and climbing."

Low Profiles
One detail that grabbed my attention about this build is the TB14 wheel set. When asked why he didn't choose the more predictable aero set up instead, Kervin replied that he mostly rides around the city and seldom reach speeds of more than 30kph. "The bike handles really great in urban settings especially on roads with lots of traffic and I think that the TB14s has a lot to do with it. I'm pretty sure an aero wheel set would look really great on this build, but i'm saving that for long rides which i haven't tried yet with this build, but would love to do soon. For now, the low profiles are what works for me."

"All in all, i'm very happy with this build. All the research and work on the budget to come up with a well balanced build has paid off. It's worth all the time and effort I've put into it. The satisfaction i get from riding this bike cannot be measured by how much i spent on it. No other kind of bike really compares to riding fixed."










Frame:
Aventon Mataro, 55st X 55tt, 6061 aluminum
Fork / Headset:
Aventon aluminum
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Sugino RD2 / Neco
Pedals:
Technic / Sack It straps
Cog / Chainring / Chain:
Novatech / Sugino RD2 / KMC
Handlebars / Stem:
Mob / Cinelli Pista OS
Saddle / Seatpost:
Tioga Spyder / Thomson Elite
Front Wheel / Hub / Tire:
H plus Son TB14 32h / Novatech 32h red anodized
Rear Wheel / Hub / Tire:
H plus Son TB14 32h / Novatech 32h red anodized


\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment